£28 – 30,000 + Bonus & Package
A business with a long and rich heritage, this retailer of all things garden and home related has invested heavily in store refurbishment, acquisition and organic expansion and is one of the best-known businesses in its sector. As well as great products for home and garden they also operate a restaurant offer that is currently undergoing a thorough visual review resulting in refits and makeovers in all their sites, an updated menu and a shift to be even more service and customer focused.
Reporting to the site General Manager this position can be viewed as a natural development step for any capable Restaurant Manager looking for a role that will have a considerable commercial impact. The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for:
- All day to day restaurant operations encompassing a full service and café offer
- Managing a large front of house team and dedicated group of chefs.
- Providing a lead with regards to restaurant and customer service standards
- Ongoing recruitment and training, staffing levels, health and safety, food hygiene and, of course, driving sales and maximising profitability.
This role can be seen as a development step for Restaurant Managers who have a passion for service and standards but do not lose site of the bottom line. Suitable candidates will:
- Be able to demonstrate a depth of restaurant, café, fast food or food service experience.
- Ideally have worked within restaurants, pubs, or cafés with an emphasis on a freshly prepared, full-service food offer preferably with experience of multiple customer volume peaks.
- Be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience and quality food whilst managing margin and controlling costs.
- Have the ability to coach and develop a team, to support individual development and champion succession planning.
Candidates currently working in a hospitality business will particularly like the positive change to work/life balance that would be gained working for a business where alternate weekends are rota’d off and the site closes at 6.00pm outside of peak trading times.